All the 24 Participating Teams are ready for the upcoming 16th Edition of the UEFA Euro 2020. Check out below the interesting facts about the Euro 2020.
Euro 2020 Facts
- In UEFA European championship 2020 first time in History Video Assistant Referee (VAR) to be used on.
- Celebrating 60th anniversary of the tournament, UEFA planed to organize Euro 2020 at multiple locations.
- Both the Semi Finals and Finals of the Euro 2020 to be host by London’s Wembley Stadium.
- “12” is the key number for the Euro Tournament as 12 cities in 12 countries will be host the events from 12 June to 12 July period.
- Three of the last six finals of the European Championship have gone to extra-time (1996, 2000, 2016). However, the only Euro final to go to penalties was in 1976, with Czechoslovakia the victors (2-2 a.e.t., 5-3 pens vs West Germany).
- No team has played as many games as England in the European Championship but not reaching any final of Euro yet (31 matches, 0 final).
- Portugal will attempt to become only the second team to win back-to-back European Championship after Spain (2008, 2012). They are also the only team to have reached the knockout stages of the tournament in each of the last six editions, a run stretching back to the 1996 tournament.